CAREERS AT NORCON
Temporary Field HSE Technicians for North Slope Sh - Prudhoe Bay, Alaska
Recruiting Authorization No. 44235BR
Temporary Field HSE Technicians for North Slope Shutdown/Turnaround Activities Job � Prudhoe Bay, AK
NORCON was chartered in 1974 to provide mechanical and electrical construction services to oil and gas producers on the Alaska North Slope. Since that time, we have become a full-service industrial construction company providing a comprehensive range of project development, management and construction services to customers in oil and gas, utilities and the public sector.
Our Temporary Field HSE Technicians for North Slope Shutdown/Turnaround Activities job will provide you with the opportunity to work on exciting and large-scale construction projects in Alaska. This is a temporary, 2-3 month position. This position will work a 12 hour shift 7 days per week, with a rotational schedule, possibly 6 weeks on/1 week off. Each day you will be the face of NORCON as you act as a safety representative for field staff and craft. You should be a self-motivated professional with at least 5 years of experience in construction safety disciplines for oil and gas construction projects, and experience training new hires and existing employees on safety procedures.
Our Temporary Field HSE Technicians for North Slope Shutdown/Turnaround Activities:
- Perform safety orientations of new hires/rehires employees prior to job start-up or mobilization on a smaller project or as a team member on a larger project.
- Attend safety meetings with client to discuss NORCON safety programs and goals.
- Develop site-specific safety programs for jobsites and bid proposal projections.
- Aid in accident investigations, onsite inspections for purpose of identifying current/potential/future safety job/fire hazards and help to develop safety incentive programs.
- The position is located in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska and requires a rotational work schedule, possibly 6 weeks one and one week off.
- Relocation assistance to Alaska is not provided, however transportation to and from the slope is provided.
- Per diem and/or expense reimbursement may be provided.
- NORCON will not sponsor an employment visa (e.g., H-1B visa, etc) to fill this position.
- Associates degree in Occupational Health and Safety, or an additional 2 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Two (2) years of verifiable HSE field experience in construction or heavy industry OR four (4) years of general construction or heavy industry experience in a craft or supervisory discipline may be substituted.
- Professional certification as an Occupational Health Safety Technologist (OHST), Construction Safety Health Technologist (CHST), Certified Safety Professional (CSP), or Associate Safety Professional (ASP) preferred; or an additional 2 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of certification.
- Knowledge of legal policies and procedures with respect to safety and health issues.
- Valid driver�s license and the ability to be insured for driving company vehicles.
- Shutdown or turnaround experience.
- BP North Slope Experience.
- Knowledge of BP HSE policies, procedure, and best practices pertinent to construction or shutdown activities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
Knowledge and experience in writing thorough reports while in a field setting.
NORCON is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Click here to return to the Career Listings